[ODE] Framework

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sun Nov 4 19:42:01 MST 2001

Colin Reed wrote:
> Unfortunately, framerate independence would need a change to the way
> the demos are coded, no more dWorldStep(0.05f), the system that I use
> in my dynamics stuff (http://www.cersoft.com) double buffers the
> position and orientation quaternion, these are then used to update
> the display position and orientation at the required time.

the demos are meant as tutorials and simple tests as well, so in the
interests of keeping them simple i think the constant step sizes should
be preserved (just keep a constant frame rate by waiting for the next
refresh). however, if you are interested in doing something much
more elaborate (i.e. a real demo of ODEs capabilities, with decent
graphics, not a simple tutorial) then by all means...

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org