[ODE] Framework

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sun Nov 4 19:21:01 MST 2001

Colin Reed wrote:
> The currently provided framework has a different coordinate system to
> the one that I am using (X(right) Y(up) Z(out)),

ODE was designed with a *right handed* coordinate system in mind.
as long as you are using that (and i think you are) then the rest
is just convention. the demos use the "+Z is up" convention, but
that's just because i like that better, and this assumption is not
coded into ODE itself at all.

> also, there is no provision for framerate independence (small window
> = fast framerate, large window = slow framerate). Is there any
> interest in adding a Win32 only frame work (with VC++ workspace) that
> would provide these features that could be included into the release
> code?

you're right. but instead of making something new here, maybe you could
add the required code to the windows part of the "drawstuff" library
and send me a patch? if you do that, i'll do the X-Windows side.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org