[ODE] Question about squashed collision bug

nlin@nlin.net nlin at nlin.net
Sat Nov 3 14:21:02 MST 2001

> Russ Smith russ at q12.org
> [ODE] collision bug found!
> it has also been the cause of the odd behaviors observed in the
> boxstack demo, where boxes occasionally "pop up".

Could this also affect sphere-box collision? I have a demo of my own where
a sphere collides with planes and boxes, and for testing I subject the sphere
to certain random arbitrary forces. Sometimes the sphere goes flying much,
much farther than it should. Could this also have been the reason for this?
I wasn't sure if this was a bug or just an unstable parameter set (ERP,
etc).

Also, might I ask how you found this error? Knowing how you tracked it down
might be useful in doing our own debugging.

-Norman