[ODE] "Configuration Management"

Adam Moravanszky amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Sat Nov 3 09:56:01 MST 2001

> I second that, some kind of a workspace for msvc will
> be great (the make files are not hard to use, but msvc
> has built in debugger that makes life easier if used),
> a tutorial with a couple of demos is a must for
> someone like me, who knows very little physics.
>
> shul

Right.  For example, Thursday I made a little demo (to convince myself that
ODE really works) with a fully articulated dummy falling into a chair.  That
took an hour to do, but it is definitely more interesting than a bouncing
chain to someone who thinks in terms of games, whether its a more
'difficult' case for the sim or not.  At the company I worked for last year,
we were also selling an engine of sorts, and after countless product
presentations to executives, we made the observation that people are only
turned on by a demo if it is doing almost exactly what they want to use the
product for, irrespective of the fact that from the perspective of the
engine, there was no significant difference between the different demos.

--
-- Adam Moravanszky
http://n.ethz.ch/student/adammo/