[ODE] Re: web page

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Fri Nov 2 11:11:32 MST 2001

hi,

>  Downloaded ODE. compiled it using msvc 7.0. its great (Geforce 2,
> AMD 1.1, win2000).

thanks!

>  One thing: I tried changing #define NUM 20 in test_boxstack.cpp to
> #define NUM 200.
>  It fails. I don't know where (it could be msvc 7 causing this.. who
> knows).

ODE takes O(n^2) storage space during each iteration, where n is the
sum of all the constraint dimensions (so for M contacts, n=3*M).
all of this space is allocated on the stack, which can occasionally
be a problem for windows. try increasing the stack size in MSVC
(i'm not sure how to do that).

>  A question: how often a release of new code and features is?
> sourceforge latest version is from 13 of july.

always look on the ODE q12.org site for the latest stuff. you should
use the pre-v0.03 snapshots, which are much more recent.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org