[ODE] dCollide

Marco Correia marco.c at iname.com
Thu Dec 27 12:36:01 2001

Hi,

 I'm starting with ODE and I have a small simulation wich is just a cube
falling on a plane.
Assuming o1 and o2 are valid dGeomID objects (one is the cube, the other is
the plane), is this the correct way to call dCollide ?

   dContactGeom contact[3];
   int contactCount = dCollide (o1, o2, 3,contact, sizeof(dContactGeom));

 When I do this I sometimes get strange values on the contact[n].pos[2]
field. I mean strange, like '2.3350050306052e+138'. The other fields of the
dContactGeom structure are always ok.
 After the strange values my simulation goes nuts, and the cube starts
jumping higher and higher, and I get several messages like this one on
stderr:

ODE Message 3: LCP internal error, s <= 0 (s=0.0000e+000)

 I didn't mess with the CMF parameters cause I supposed it has a nice
default, but I'm starting to wonder...

 Anyone have a clue?

thanks
Marco