[ODE] dCreateBox() inputs halfsizes?

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Wed Dec 12 09:32:01 2001

>> --- Adam Rotaru wrote:>
> --- Ruud van Gaal <ruud@marketgraph.nl> wrote:
> > However, at collision time, I need the bounding box
> > of the *geometry* instead,
> > which is shifted with respect to it's dynamics
> > counterpart. In other words, the
> > space geomID box and the world bodyID box are
> > related in size, but their
> > centers don't match.
>
> This is how I understand this (I might be wrong!)
> It is possible to set arbitrary mass distributions for
> a body using the
> mass functions (section 8.2. in documentation).

Yes, I've looked at that, but the docs state for rigid bodies:

"Position vector (x,y,z) of the body's point of reference. Currently the
point of reference must correspond to the body's center of mass. "

So I'm assuming that although dMassTranslate() exists, and struct dMass
includes a 'dVector4 c' for the CoM, this isn't used yet? Or has this
changed from v0.025 to v0.03?

> I think the mass handling is very flexible with a nice
> API.

It seems so, I just wonder if this has been implemented yet for real, given
the documents' note above.

Thanks,
Ruud