[ODE] friction

Marco Correia marco.c at iname.com
Mon Dec 10 04:28:01 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: ode-admin@q12.org [mailto:ode-admin@q12.org]On Behalf Of Russ
Smith
Sent: segunda-feira, 10 de Dezembro de 2001 3:20
To: Marco Correia
Cc: ode@q12.org
Subject: Re: [ODE] friction

> When I am about to take a simulation step, I have to fill the
> dContact's fdir1 vector for all contacts.

only if you specify the dContactFDir1 flag. this only needs to be
given if you want different friction properties along the two friction
directions.

  So how does ODE determines the 'default' friction direction? I mean, if I
have an object standing static on a table and a robot grabs it and lift it
up, will setting mode=0 and mu=something give me the right behaviour (i.e.
the friction vectors will be set correctly, pointing down?)

thanks
Marco