[ODE] ode + win2000 ?

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Dec 8 22:15:02 2001

> > > I have ODE 0.025. The compiled samples work well on windows 95
> > > but they don't work at windows 2000 - on start-up it shows the
> > > error message "could not open stdout" and exits.
>
> yeah i get the same thing, i just removed it, i didn't follow why it
> was actually needed?

i create a new console for stdin/stdout so if drawstuff is started from
the command line it doesn't block. a new console has new I/O handles,
so stdin/stdout have to use the new handles.

could you try:
  (1) remove the three fclose() lines in drawStuffStartup(), or...
  (2) printf out the system error message strerror(errno) when the
      freopen fails.

thanks,

russ.

--