[ODE] ode + win2000 ?

anon anon" <anon at finitemonkeys.com
Fri Dec 7 12:59:02 2001

> > I have ODE 0.025. The compiled samples work well on windows 95 but
> > they don't work at windows 2000 - on start-up it shows the error
> > message "could not open stdout" and exits. Is windows NT/2000
> > supported?
>
> curious. i use win2k all the time and i have not experienced this
> problem. the error comes from the drawStuffStartup() function in
> the drawstuff/src/windows.cpp file. can any windows people suggest
> a better way to redirect standard I/O to a new console ?
>
> russ.

yeah i get the same thing, i just removed it, i didn't follow why it was actually
needed?

something like this ?

SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES saAttr;

saAttr.nLength = sizeof(SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES);
 saAttr.bInheritHandle = TRUE;
 saAttr.lpSecurityDescriptor = NULL;

hOldHandle = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);

 CreatePipe(&hStdoutRd, &hStdoutWr, &saAttr, 0)

SetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE, hStdOutWr)